Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fall at the Woods

Life continues to be busy in Illinois for us, but we have managed to have some good times. We went to a "trunk or treat" at the church the Saturday before Halloween. Jeremy dressed up as a farmer with bad teeth and bushy eyebrows. I was a witch with purple embellishments and long black hair. Jeremy had a good time decorating the trunk like a haunted cemetery!



I tried to leave work at a decent time a few weeks ago but traffic was so bad that I stopped at the craft store. Two hours later I left the store with some silk flowers, a piece of green foam, and a ceramic planter. I ended up getting home later than usual and with a little less money! But this is what our kitchen table looks like now. I also bought some fabric to make a table runner and a christmas tree skirt, which I still need to make. (Moral of the story is don't try to drive home in all the traffic!)



And last, but not least, this is our pet: Fish. Yes, his name is Fish. Sometimes we call him "Fishy" for short. He's a crazy one, and I'll explain why. He is very picky about his food and will not eat soggy fish flakes, so we have to point to the fresh flakes until he eats them. He also get's very active in the bowl if he is hungry. He swims back and forth and if we put our finger at the surface of the water, he will jump up and nibble the tip of our fingers! The last thing is that when he is sleeping he doesn't move at all, but sometimes we think he has a bad dream, wakes up swimming rapidly around the bowl, and then just stops and sinks back to the bottom. Who said a fish couldn't be an exciting pet?!



1 comment:

Regina said...

The cotsumes are great! I've been nagging at Chris to put some of our pictures up- he has a great costume hat he wore this year.

I also would like to see some neices and nephews in costume (hint to Steph and Brian)!

It's nice to see a shot of the famous Fish. Sometimes I have to point to Chris's food until he eats it too- he's a little slow that way. ;)